Design of Biomedical Devices and Systems, Third Edition by Paul H. King, Arthur T. Johnson, Richard C. Fries (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $186.15+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $163.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApply a Wide Variety of Design Processes to a Wide Category of Design Problems Design of Biomedical Devices and Systems, Third Edition continues to provide a real-world approach to the design of biomedical engineering devices and/or systems. Bringing together information on the design and initiation of design projects from several sources, this edition strongly emphasizes and further clarifies the standards of design procedure. Following the best practices for conducting and completing a design project, it outlines the various steps in the design process in a basic, flexible, and logical order. What's New in the Third Edition: This latest edition contains a new chapter on biological engineering design, a new chapter on the FDA regulations for items other than devices such as drugs, new end-of-chapter problems, new case studies, and a chapter on product development. It adds mathematical modeling tools, and provides new information on FDA regulations and standards, as well as clinical trials and sterilization methods. * Familiarizes the reader with medical devices, and their design, regulation, and use * Considers safety aspects of the devices * Contains an enhanced pedagogy * Provides an overview of basic design issues Design of Biomedical Devices and Systems, Third Edition covers the design of biomedical engineering devices and/or systems, and is designed to support bioengineering and biomedical engineering students and vice engineers entering the medical device market.
- Author BiographyPaul King, PhD, PE, attended Case Institute of Technology for his BS and MS and then obtained his PhD at Vanderbilt University in 1968 (mechanical engineering.) That same year, he became one of the founding members of the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Vanderbilt University. He developed and taught most of the early required coursework in the Department of Biomedical Engineering. In approximately 2001 he and coauthor Richard Fries published the first edition of the textbook Design of Biomedical Devices and Systems. This textbook is being used in multiple universities in the United States and abroad. Richard Fries, PE, CSQE, CRE, is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Wisconsin and certified by the American Society for Quality as a reliability engineer and a software quality engineer. He has degrees from Loyola University in Chicago and Marquette University in Milwaukee. He is co-inventor of patent 5,682,876, entitled absorber switch locking device. He has authored eight books and chapters in several others on reliability and regulatory compliance. He has also written numerous articles in professional journals on hardware and software reliability, human factors, standards and regulations, and engineering education. Arthur T. Johnson attended Cornell University for his undergraduate and graduate degrees. His PhD was awarded in 1969. He joined the faculty of the University of Maryland in 1975 and was professor from 1986 until 2009, when he became professor emeritus. He has written three books: Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology, Biological Process Engineering, and Biology for Engineers. He has been most recently active in teaching electronic design, transport processes, and engineering in biology courses, and in working to continue development of the airflow perturbation device as a noninvasive measurement of respiratory resistance.
- Author(s)Arthur T. Johnson,Paul H. King,Richard C. Fries
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.