All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised and updated, this second edition of Design of Hydraulic Gates maintains the same goal as the original: to be used as a textbook and a manual of design of gates, presenting the main aspects of design, manufacture, installation and operation of hydraulic gates, while introducing new products, techlogies and calculation procedures. This edition included new chapters on intake gates and trashrack design, highlighting the aspects of safety, operational and maintenance procedures. To improve the strength against structural failure of intake trashracks, the author proposes a series of rigid calculation assumptions, design parameters and manufacturing procedures, which will certainly result in safer trashracks. Some 340 drawings and photographs, 82 tables, 107 references and 23 worked examples help the reader to understand the basic concepts and calculation methods presented.
- Author BiographyBrazilian engineer Paulo Erbisti graduated in mechanical engineering and has amassed considerable experience working on numerous hydromechanical projects, contributing greatly to hydropower/dam engineering over the last few decades in South America, Africa and Asia. He has worked on many important projects including Itaipu, Belo Monte, Tucurui, Gotvand, Tarbela, Capanda, Guri and Tocoma. Erbisti is a visiting professor on the topic of hydraulic gate design for the post-graduate course of hydraulic engineering at the University of Parana, Brazil. He is a member of the consulting board of the International Journal on Hydropower and Dams, UK. In 2011, he was elected by International Water Power & Dam Construction magazine as one of twenty people believed to have made the biggest difference to the sector over the last decade.
- Author(s)Paulo C. F. Erbisti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.