All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign of Steel Structures is designed to meet the requirements of undergraduate students of civil and structural engineering. This book will also prove useful for postgraduate students and serve as an invaluable reference for practicing engineers unfamiliar with the limit state design of steel structures. The book provides an extensive coverage of the design of steel structures in accordance with the latest code of practice for general construction in steel (IS 800 : 2007). The book is based on the modern limit state approach to design and covers topics such as properties of steel, types of steel structures, important areas of structural steel techlogy, bolted connections, welded connections, design of trusses, design of plate girders, and design of beam columns. Each chapter features solved examples, review questions, and practice problems as well as ample illustrations to supplement the text.
- Author BiographyN. Subramanian is the Chief Executive of Computer Design Consultants, Chennai. A PhD from IIT Madras, he has more than 30 years of professional experience including teaching, research, and consultancy. He has served as a consultant to several leading organizations in India and has designed several multi-storey concrete buildings, steel towers, industrial buildings, steel space frames, and structures using cold-formed steel sections.
- Author(s)N. Subramanian
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note250 Line drawings
- Weight919 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.