Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMary Coghill's first collection is a sequence of poems that seeks to engage with the problem of the role of woman in the city. Urbanisation is frequently seen as a male phemen, and it is usually men who have written paeans to the cities in which they live. Mary Coghill uses an ermous array of styles and effects to draw her picture of a woman's life in London, showing its joys and its dangers, demonstrating the particular problems that women have in this all-too-masculine environment, and celebrating the feminine side which is all too rarely brought to light. Designed to Fade is a stylistic tour-de-force, and a most unusual sequence of poems.
- Author BiographyMary Coghill works and studies in London and spends most of her time in the city.
- Author(s)Mary Coghill
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight188 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.