Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDesigners, Visionaries and Other Stories unpacks the complex and crucial debates surrounding sustainable design to deliver a compelling manifesto for change, at a time of looming ecological crisis, mounting environmental legislation and limited progress. This is a book about sustainable design, by the leading sustainable design thinkers, for creative practitioners, professionals, students and academics. This challenging work provides the reader with a rich resource of future visions, critical propositions, creative ideas and design strategies for working towards a sustainable tomorrow, today. The authors boldly present alternative understandings of sustainable design, to curate a challenging, sometimes uncomfortable and always provocative, collection of essays by some of the world s leading sustainable design thinkers. The result is an impacting and polemical anthology that reinvigorates the culture of critique that, in previous years, has empowered design with the qualities of social, environmental and ecomic revolution.
- Author BiographyJonathan Chapman and Nick Gant are co-directors of the Inheritable Futures Laboratory (IF:Laboratory) - a sustainable design research group at the University of Brighton, which generates practice-based research initiatives that aim to nurture greater flow of information between academia and industry. Jonathan is a senior lecturer in three dimensional design at the University of Brighton and founder of sustainable design and research company Safehouse Creative. Nick is the subject leader of the three dimensional design programme at the University of Brighton and director of award-winning design practice BoBo Design.
- Author(s)Jonathan Chapman,Nick Gant
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2007
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NotePhotographs, line-drawings, index
- Weight612 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.