All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot just ather theory-heavy digital signal processing book, r ather dull build-a-generic-database programming book, Designing Audio Effect Plug-Ins in C++ gives you everything you everything you need to kw to do just that, including fully worked, downloadable code for dozens of professional audio effect plug-ins and practically presented algorithms. With this book, you get access to a companion website where you can download the accompanying Rapid Plug-In Development software to compile and test the book examples, all the code examples, and view student plug-ins and tutorial videos on the development software. Start with an intuitive and practical introduction to the digital signal processing (DSP) theory behind audio plug-ins, and quickly move on to plug-in implementation, gain kwledge of algorithms on filtering, delay, reverb, modulated effects, dynamics processing, and more. You will then be ready to design and implement your own unique plug-ins on any platform and within most any host program. Readers are expected to have some kwledge of C++, and high school math.
- Author BiographyWill Pirkle is an Assistant Professor of Music Engineering Technology at the University of Miami Frost School of Music, where he teaches C++ audio programming, signal processing, audio synthesis, recording studio workshops, and mobile app programming. In addition to his nine years of teaching, Mr. Pirkle has twenty years of experience in the audio industry, during which he worked and consulted for companies including Korg Research and Development, SiriusXM Radio, Diamond Multimedia, Gibson Musical Instruments, and National Semiconductor Corporation. An avid guitarist and studio owner, Mr. Pirkle continues to seek projects that combine all his skills.
- Author(s)Will Pirkle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note58 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.