All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe very best firms today are poietic organizations; that is, they are exceptional at streamlining the processes of ideation, creation, and production. These poietic organizations do two things well: They design and develop high power teams, and they create an organizational culture and context that supports improvisation, design, experimentation, aesthetic awareness, and strengths development. Great teams exhibit the same characteristics-trust, commitment, and energy. Inside you'll learn how to design and develop creative high power teams and organizations by first assessing team member strengths using personality factors and multiple intelligences theory. Following these assessments, how to best represent and share this information to promote team development is illustrated, while examining three types of high performance teams-improvisational, design, and research teams. The second half of this book focuses on the major models upon which organizations are built, the pros and cons of these choices, and strategy. Using current research, examples and cases, the author articulates ways to transform your organization into a high power and poietic organization.
- Author BiographyEric W. Stein earned a PhD in Managerial Science from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a BA in Physics from Amherst College. He is an Associate Professor of Management Science and Information Systems at The Pennsylvania State University where he focuses on creativity, innovation, leadership, and sustainability. He served as director of the Entrepreneurship program in the MBA program, ran his own firm designing KM software, and has published in numerous journals. Dr. Stein has served as a consultant to several organizations including Xerox and the World Bank. A community leader, he was elected and served as Councilman in Media, PA.
- Author(s)Eric W Stein
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.