All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionData visualization is an efficient and effective medium for communicating large amounts of information. But the design process can often seem like an unexplainable creative endeavor. This book aims to demystify the design process for those who are already comfortable with data analysis, showing the reader how to encode information visually via a linear process of decision-making.
- Author BiographyJulie Steele is an Editor at O'Reilly currently working on titles related to Python, SQL, PHP, web frameworks and CMS, databases (relational and non-relational), big data and cloud computing, and data visualization. She's also interested in data transparency and open government, and recently completed a master's degree in political science at Rutgers University. Noah Illinsky has spent the last several years thinking about effective approaches to creating diagrams and other types of information visualization. He also works in interface and interaction design, all from a functional and user-centered perspective. Before becoming a designer he was a programmer for several years. He has a master's in Technical Communication from the University of Washington, and a bachelor's in Physics from Reed College.
- Author(s)Julie Steele,Noah Illinsky
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight195 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.