All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe robust capability of Evolutionary Algorithms (EAs) to find solutions to difficult problems has permitted them to become the optimization and search techniques for many practical static problems. This book addresses the issues involved in the design of EAs that operate in dynamic environments without human intervention.
- Author BiographyDr. Morrison has been at Mitretek Systems for four years as a Senior Manager and Fellow. He currently serves as an advisor to U.S. government officials regarding advanced software development projects. Previously, Dr. Morrison was Chief Scientist for the SWL division at GRC International, where he was responsible for product development and innovation involving new techniques and applications in the areas of data visualization, computational intelligence, machine learning, and high-speed decision support systems. His accomplishments at GRCI include the creation of a novel genetic-algorithm based decision-support system for commodity traders, development of a method for integrating quantitative and qualitative information for a U.S. government agency, and the framework design for a commercial software-based intelligent agent for use by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. Before joining GRCI, Dr. Morrison was Director of Software Engineering at Hughes Training, Inc., developing high-fidelity, real-time flight simulators for U.S. and foreign military customers. Dr. Morrison has presented multiple papers at major internatinal conferences on Evolutionary Compuation, has served as the Technical Director for the Software Program Manager's Network and is a past member of the Airlie Software Council. He was an invited speaker at the initial meeting of the Narional Software Alliance in 1998 and at the AIE-sponsored Annual Conference on Software Metrics. He holds a B.S. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from Purdue University, an M.B.A. from Southern Illinois University, and a Ph.D. in Information Technology from George Mason University.
- Author(s)Ronald W. Morrison
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/06/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleNatural Computing Series
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.