Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsers demand applications that are well behaved, good-looking, and easy to use. Your clients or managers demand originality and a short time to market. The good news? UI techlogy has evolved into a set of best practices and reusable ideas for a wide range of interactive applications today. And Designing Interfaces is a bestseller because it's one of the few reliable resources available to guide you. This book captures UI best practices as design patterns -- solutions to common design problems, tailored to the situation at hand. The updated edition w includes patterns for mobile apps, social networks, and search interfaces, as well as web applications and desktop software. Each pattern contains examples in full color, and practical advice that you can put to use immediately. * Design engaging and usable interfaces with more confidence and less guesswork * Learn key design concepts that are often misunderstood, such as affordances, visual hierarchy, navigational distance, and the use of color * Get recommendations for using specific UI patterns, along with alternatives, and warnings on when t to use them * Learn concrete UI ideas that you can mix and recombine as you see fit Experienced designers can use Designing Interfaces as a sourcebook of ideas. Novice designers will find a roadmap to the world of interface and interaction design, with eugh guidance to start using these patterns right away.
- Author BiographyFor more than a decade, Jenifer Tidwell has been designing and building user interfaces for a variety of industry verticals, often in the Java programming language. She has experience in designing both desktop and Web applications. As a user interface designer at The MathWorks, Jenifer was instrumental in a redesign of the charting and visualization UI of MATLAB, which is used by researchers, students, and engineers worldwide to develop cars, planes, proteins, and theories about the universe. In 2007 E-consultancy.com reported that O'Reilly author Jenifer Tidwell is one of their top ten user experience gurus.
- Author(s)Jenifer Tidwell
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.