All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionPart autobiography, part firm history and part a look at the future of urban design, Designing Places for People and the Environment addresses lessons learned from fifty-five years of experience in urban design and planning from a personal perspective, following the author's formative education and work as an architect, Naval civil engineer and city planner before transitioning into landscape architecture where he grew into a leadership role as the first president of the SWA Group and shaped the firm as an employee-owned group practice that, over four decades, has become a world leader in landscape architecture, planning and urban design . More than just a mograph, the book relates important developments in the firm and profession to major world events of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, using thirty-five case studies of his major work and portfolios of the firm's iconic work over its entire history to date, and a best practices section detailing how the firm has developed business and professional practices that allow it to focus on its people and work: planning, designing and building livable and environmentally sustainable cities and communities where people can live in dignity, health and happiness.
- Author BiographyKalvin Platt in a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects, a city planner and landscape architect with degrees from the University of Florida and the Harvard Graduate School of Design. He was the first President, then CEO and Chairman of the SWA Group, an award winning global Landscape Architectural firm.
- Author(s)Andrea Hansen,Kalvin Platt
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Weight1706 g
- Width216 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.