All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigning Public Spaces in Hospitals illustrates that in addition to their aesthetic function, public spaces in hospitals play a fundamental role concerning people's satisfaction and experience of health care. The book highlights how spatial properties, such as accessibility, visibility, proximity, and intelligibility affect people's behavior and interactions in hospital public spaces. Based on the authors' research, the book includes detailed analysis of three hospitals and criteria that can support the design in circulation areas, arrival and entrance, first point of welcome, reception, and the interface between city and hospital. Illustrated with 150 black and white images.
- Author BiographyNicoletta Setola is a researcher at the University of Florence, Italy, and a registered architect. She has a PhD in Architectural Technology and Design (2009) and her work focuses on healthcare building, particularly on spatial configuration related to flow analysis in hospitals. Sabrina Borgianni is a researcher and a registered architect. She holds a PhD in Architectural Technology and Design (2012) and her work focuses on public spaces in urban context and social buildings, particularly in healthcare and residential buildings.
- Author(s)Nicoletta Setola,Sabrina Borgianni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 105 black & white halftones, 45 black & white line drawings
- Weight512 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.