All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuildings can breathe naturally, without the use of mechanical systems, if you design the spaces properly. This accessible and thorough guide shows you how in more than 260 color diagrams and photographs illustrating case studies and CFD simulations. You can achieve truly natural ventilation, by considering the building's structure, envelope, energy use, and form, as well as giving the occupants thermal comfort and healthy indoor air. By using scientific and architectural visualization tools included here, you can develop ventilation strategies without an engineering background. Handy sections that summarize the science, explain rules of thumb, and detail the latest research in thermal and fluid dynamics will keep your designs sustainable, energy efficient, and up-to-date.
- Author BiographyUlrike Passe is an Associate Professor of Architecture and the Director of the Center for Building Energy Research (CBER) at Iowa State University, USA. Francine Battaglia is Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Director of the Computational Research for Energy Systems and Transport (CREST) Laboratory at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA.
- Author(s)Francine Battaglia,Ulrike Passe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 176 colour illustrations, 85 colour line drawings
- Weight1022 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.