All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors explain how various state governance structures influence the way priorities for higher education are established. Based on a study conducted by the California Higher Education Policy Center, w The National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education, this study examines whether existing state higher education structures are adequate given the ecomic, social, and techlogical challenges of the 1990s and the first decades of the 21st century. The study also explored whether these structures are prepared to handle the changing student population as well as what appears to be an unprecedented period of increased demand for higher education in some states. The book contains comparative case studies of higher education systems in seven large and diverse states: California, Florida, Georgia, Illiis, Michigan, New York, and Texas.
- Author BiographyRICHARD C. RICHARDSON, Jr., is professor of educational leadership and policy studies, Arizona State University. KATHY REEVES BRACCO is a senior policy analyst for the California Higher Education Policy Center. PATRICK M. CALLAN is executive director of the California Higher Education Policy Center. JONI E. FINNEY is associate director of the California Higher Education Policy Center.
- Author(s)Joni E. Finney,Kathy Reeves Bracco,Patrick M. Callan,Richard C. Richardson
- PublisherOryx Press Inc
- Date of Publication28/11/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPhoenix AZ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOryx Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.