All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionDesigning a Concept-Based Curriculum in English Language Arts features a step-by-step approach to developing ELA curriculum units that leverage student thinking and retention by bringing relevance to skills and facts. Based on Dr. Lynn Erickson's bestselling concept-based curriculum model, the book shows exactly what a concept-based English Language Arts curriculum looks like and guides readers through the creation of their own concept based curriculum. Guiding the reader, Lanning presents clear guidelines for implementation and sample units from real school districts. If we do t design curriculum so that teachers have an unambiguous picture of how to teach to understanding, the Common Core Standards will become yet ather initiative that yields little impact on improving the state of U.S. education.
- Author BiographyLois Lanning, Ph.D., is an independent education consultant. She is a certified Trainer-of-Trainer Concept-based Curriculum Specialist with Dr. Lynn Erickson. She presents and works with districts at the international, national and state levels in the areas of literacy and Concept-Based Curriculum design. In addition to writing professional articles and teacher resources, Lois is also the author of the bestselling book, Four Powerful Strategies for Struggling Readers Grades 3-8: Small Group Instruction that Improves Comprehension, a joint publication between Corwin Press and the International Reading Association, c. 2009, Designing a Concept-based Curriculum in English Language Arts: Meeting the Common Core with Intellectual Integrity, K-12. Corwin Press, c. 2013, a chapter in The Best of Corwin: Differentiated Instruction in Literacy, Math, and Science, Leslie Laud, Editor, c. 201, Corwin Press, and co-author, with H.L. Erickson, of Transitioning to Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction, Corwin Press, c.2014. Lois was a classroom teacher, K-12 reading consultant, special education teacher, elementary school principal, district curriculum director, adjunct professor, and finally, an assistant superintendent of schools for the last 12 years of her career in public schools. Lois is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions. Her hobbies include reading, biking, hiking, and traveling. Lois currently lives in West Hartford, Connecticut with her husband. She has two children, and two grandsons, Christopher and Ryan, whom she absolutely adores.
- Author(s)Lois A. Lanning
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleConcept-Based Curriculum and Instruction Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notecharts
- Weight386 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.