All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe industry standard guide, updated with new ideas and SPSS analysis techniques Designing and Conducting Survey Research: A Comprehensive Guide Fourth Edition is the industry standard resource that covers all major components of the survey process, updated to include new data analysis techniques and SPSS procedures with sample data sets online. The book offers practical, actionable guidance on constructing the instrument, administrating the process, and analyzing and reporting the results, providing extensive examples and worksheets that demonstrate the appropriate use of survey and data techniques. By clarifying complex statistical concepts and modern analysis methods, this guide enables readers to conduct a survey research project from initial focus concept to the final report. Public and nprofit managers with survey research responsibilities need to stay up-to-date on the latest methods, techniques, and best practices for optimal data collection, analysis, and reporting. Designing and Conducting Survey Research is a complete resource, answering the what , why , and how every step of the way, and providing the latest information about techlogical advancements in data analysis. The updated fourth edition contains step-by-step SPSS data entry and analysis procedures, as well as SPSS examples throughout the text, using real data sets from real-world studies. Other new information includes topics like: * Nonresponse error/bias * Ethical concerns and special populations * Cell phone samples in telephone surveys * Subsample screening and complex skip patterns The fourth edition also contains new information on the growing importance of focus groups, and places a special emphasis on data quality including size and variability. Those who employ survey research methods will find that Designing and Conducting Survey Research contains all the information needed to better design, conduct, and analyze a more effective survey.
- Author BiographyLOUIS M. REA is emeritus professor of city planning and former director of the School of Public Affairs at San Diego State University. He is an established survey research consultant to numerous municipal jurisdictions and private businesses and also has extensive experience as a researcher. Rea has taught graduate courses in statistical analysis, survey research, and topics in urban planning. RICHARD A. PARKER is emeritus professor in the School of Public Affairs at San Diego State University. He is also a market research and economic consultant to the public and private sectors. He specializes in survey research for housing, retail, commercial, water supply, and transportation development and is a widely published author of books and articles.
- Author(s)Louis M. Rea,Richard A. Parker
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.