Designing and Deploying 802.11 Wireless Networks: A Practical Guide to Implementing 802.11n and 802.11ac Wireless Networks for Enterprise-Based Applications by Jim Geier (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigning and Deploying 802.11 Wireless Networks Second Edition A Practical Guide to Implementing 802.11n and 802.11ac Wireless Networks For Enterprise-Based Applications Plan, deploy, and operate high-performance 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless networks The new 802.11ac standard enables WLANs to deliver significantly higher performance. Network equipment manufacturers have refocused on 802.11ac- and 802.11n-compliant solutions, rapidly moving older versions of 802.11 toward legacy status. Now, there's a complete guide to planning, designing, installing, testing, and supporting 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless networks in any environment, for virtually any application. Jim Geier offers practical methods, tips, and recommendations that draw on his decades of experience deploying wireless solutions and shaping wireless standards. He carefully introduces 802.11ac's fundamentally different design, site survey, implementation, and network configuration techniques, helping you maximize performance and avoid pitfalls. Geier organizes each phase of WLAN deployment into clearly defined steps, making the entire planning and deployment process easy to understand and execute. He illuminates key concepts and methods through realistic case studies based on current Cisco products, while offering tips and techniques you can use with any vendor's equipment. To build your skills with key tasks, you'll find several hands-on exercises relying on free or inexpensive tools. Whether you're deploying an entirely new wireless network or migrating from older equipment, this guide contains all the expert kwledge you'll need to succeed. Jim Geier has 30 years of experience planning, designing, analyzing and implementing communications, wireless, and mobile systems. Geier is founder and Principal Consultant of Wireless-Nets, Ltd., providing wireless analysis and design services to product manufacturers. He is also president, CEO, and co-founder of Health Grade Networks, providing wireless network solutions to hospitals, airports, and manufacturing facilities. His books include the first edition of Designing and Deploying 802.11n Wireless Networks (Cisco Press); as well as Implementing 802.1X Security Solutions and Wireless Networking Handbook. Geier has been active in the IEEE 802.1 1 Working Group and Wi-Fi Alliance; has chaired the IEEE Computer Society (Dayton Section) and various conferences; and served as expert witness in patent litigation related to wireless and cellular techlogies. *Review key 802.11 concepts, applications, markets, and techlogies*Compare ad hoc, mesh, and infrastructure WLANs and their components*Consider the impact of radio signal interference, security vulnerabilities, multipath propagation, roaming, and battery limitations*Thoroughly understand today's 802.11 standards in the context of actual network deployment and support*Plan your deployment: scoping, staffing, schedules, budgets, risks, feasibility analysis, and requirements*Architect access networks and distribution system for maximum reliability, manageability, and performance*Make the right tradeoffs and decisions to optimize range, performance, and roaming*Secure WLANs via encryption, authentication, rogue AP detection, RF shielding, and policies*Master design and site survey tools and methods for planning 802.11ac networks and migrations*Efficiently install and test any 802.11ac or 802.1 1n wireless network*Establish specialized support for wireless networks, including help desk operations*Systematically troubleshoot connectivity, performance, and roaming issues*Design efficient mesh networks and city-wide deployments
- Author BiographyJim Geier has 30 years' experience planning, designing, analyzing, and implementing communications systems, wireless networks, and mobile devices. Jim is founder and principal consultant of Wireless-Nets, Ltd., providing wireless analysis and design services to product manufacturers. He is also president and CEO and co-founder of Health Grade Networks, providing wireless network solutions to hospitals, airports, and manufacturing facilities. Jim is the author of more than a dozen books on mobile and wireless topics, including Designing and Deploying 802.11n Wireless Networks (Cisco Press), Implementing 802.1X Security Solutions (Wiley), Wireless Networking Handbook (New Riders), and Network Re-engineering (McGraw-Hill). He has been an active participant in IEEE standards organizations, such as the IEEE 802.11 Working Group and the Wi-Fi Alliance. He has served as chairman of the IEEE Computer Society, Dayton Section, and various conferences. He has served as a testifying expert for patent litigation cases focusing on technologies dealing with wireless networking and cellular systems. You can e-mail Jim Geier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Jim Geier
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCisco Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1028 g
- Width191 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.