Designing for Privacy and Related Needs by Rosemary M. Menconi, Julie Stewart-Pollack (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.67+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book provides a synthesis of research, theory, and practical application to explore and examine the concept of privacy as both a universal human need and a function of interior design responsibility. While intended for intermediate and advanced design students, Designing for Privacy and Related Needs is useful for a variety of theory and applications courses and presents information about techlogy in a straightforward manner. Privacy needs and solutions are examined for residential, healthcare, hospitality, and work environments. Age-specific privacy needs are also covered. Students learn that privacy is t a luxury experience but a basic and restorative human need that reduces stress, enhances self-identity and creativity, and enables people to better manage both personal activities and social interactions.
- Author BiographyJulie Stewart-Pollack teaches interior design and related courses at Rocky Mountain College of Art Design and is also a Chairwoman for the school's Department of Interior Design. She previously taught professional design at the Interior Design Institute of Denver and served as the school's Director of Education. She received her B.I.D. from the Interior Design Institute of Denver in 1991 and her M.A. in Environmental Psychology from Vermont College in 1999. She was awarded the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Award for Outstanding Contribution to Interior Design Education in 1999. She is currently a member of ASID, the Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC), and the Colorado Coalition for Interior Design (CCID). She authored several articles in publications such as Interiors Sources Magazine and Colorado Homes and Lifestyles Magazine. Rosemary M. Menconi teaches office design and interior business design at Rocky Mountain College of Art Design. She previously taught Interior Design at the Interior Design Institute of Denver. She received her B.A. in English from Trinity University in 1968, her B.I.D. from the Interior Design Institute of Denver in 1982, and her M.A. in Environmental Psychology from Norwich University in 2000. She received a Presidential Citation from the American Society of Interior Designers in 1995.
- Author(s)Julie Stewart-Pollack,Rosemary M. Menconi
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1249 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.