Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigning for Windows 8 is a fast-paced, 150-page primer on the key design concepts you need to create successful Windows 8 apps. This book will help you design a user interface that is both delightful and effective, feels 'right' to your users, and encapsulates a great Windows 8 experience. In this book, you will: * Meet the building blocks of solid Windows 8 UI design in a well-designed sample app. * Learn how to incorporate key design elements into your apps, such as the app bar, charms and subtle animations from the animation library. * Find out how to deliver the core experience that your users expect from Windows 8. * Learn how to make your app stand out from thousands of others in the Windows Store. It's w time to create the next generation of Windows applications. Arm yourself with design tactics and join in on this wonderful opportunity! What you'll learn * The inspirations behind the creation of the new Windows UI. * The design fundamentals that apply to Windows 8 app design. * Conform to Microsoft's design principles * Build applications that fit into the Windows 8 application model. * Design for touch as well as keyboard and mouse in the same application. * Lay out your application for different orientations and screen sizes. Who this book is for If you're building Windows 8 apps for the first time, or if you're struggling to capture the right look and feel in your Windows 8 apps, this book is for you. It's for the person who wants to build apps that stand out from the crowd, capture the hearts of their customers, and make the most of what the Windows 8 experience has to offer. Table of ContentsChapter 1: Microsoft Design Style Inspirations Chapter 2: Microsoft Design Style Principles Chapter 3: Design Strategies for Windows 8 Chapter 4: Basic Building Blocks of Windows 8 Design Chapter 5: Windows 8 Platform Considerations Chapter 6: Bringing Existing Apps to Windows 8
- Author BiographyBrent Schooley is a software developer who has been working with Microsoft technologies since 2004. His interests include client and mobile application development and user experience design with a recent emphasis on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Other platforms he has worked with include WPF, Silverlight, Windows Forms, and iOS. He is an Evangelist working for Infragistics with a focus on mobile platforms. He has a passion for making people s experiences with software the best that they can possibly be.
- Author(s)Brent Schooley
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.