All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost gardeners kw how rewarding it is to harvest ripe, sun-warmed tomatoes or pungent herbs straight from the garden. But those pleasures can be multiplied a hundredfold by creating a garden that is t only productive, but also a beautiful, well-integrated part of the home landscape. In this handsome volume, Jennifer Bartley shows how the traditional features of the classic kitchen garden, or potager, can be adapted to contemporary American needs and conditions. The book is informed by her conviction that the nurturing, preparing, and eating of fresh, home-grown vegetables contributes ermously both to our ties with the natural world and our ties to each other. Copiously illustrated with photographs and with the author's delightful watercolors, Designing the New Kitchen Garden offers the perfect blend of inspiration and practical guidance.
- Author BiographyJennifer R. Bartley holds a masters degree in landscape architecture from the Ohio State University, where she has served as an adjunct professor and critic in the design studios. Now in private practice, she is a landscape designer, artist, and photographer. She lives near Columbus, OH (USA).
- Author(s)Jennifer R. Bartley
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2006
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note169 color photos, 40 color drawings, 8 b/w drawings
- Weight1061 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.