All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization, competition and recession have created an overwhelming pressure on organizations to deliver growth. This has often resulted in tough performance targets being pushed down the line. Hard-hitting management may deliver short-term results but in the longer term key people burn out or leave, and business performance falls back. Designing the Purposeful Organization explains how to implement a more enlightened and authentic leadership style that aligns people's strengths to the delivery of a compelling future. It draws on a unique framework that helps leaders manage the eight elements essential for high performance: purpose, vision, engagement, structure, character, results, success and talent. It moves beyond the boundaries of transactional performance (pay me X and I'll deliver Y) to a purpose-centred performance that releases talent, creativity and engagement. It features case studies from Google, Whole Foods Market, the NHS and the London 2012 Olympics and is ideal for practitioners in organization development, senior HR managers and business leaders. This book demonstrates how business performance can be inspired beyond boundaries by aligning people to a compelling purpose.
- Author BiographyClive Wilson is a board director at Primeast, a UK-based consultancy that has facilitated purposeful leadership, organisational effectiveness and high-performance teamwork since 1987. Primeast works internationally with a focus on the oil and gas, power, pharmaceutical and technology sectors as well as with change agents and social entrepreneurs. Clive is a Fellow and Tutor for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and a Fellow and Ambassador for the Chartered Management Institute. In recent years, with his passion for purposeful change, he has facilitated workshops on strategic alignment and talent leadership in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East and Australia.
- Author(s)Clive Wilson
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.