Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you enjoy the challenge of coloring intricate geometric designs or stylized abstract patterns, this book from award-winning artist and designer Ruth Heller is guaranteed to provide hours of imaginative and creative fun. There are bold, single designs that cover the entire page, as well as smaller repeat designs that give an overall pattern effect.
- Author BiographyAfter receiving a fine arts degree from the University of California at Berkeley and completing two years of graduate work in design at the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, Ruth Heller (1923-2004) began her career designing wrapping paper, cocktail napkins, greeting cards, and coloring books. After five years of rejection and one complete revision, Heller's first book, Chickens Aren't the Only Ones, about egg-laying animals, was published in 1981. It was so successful that the sequel, and second book to be published, Animals Born Alive And Well(1982), about mammals, quickly followed. In 1983 and 1984, her third and fourth titles, The Reason For A Flower(about plants that have seeds and flowers) andPlants That Never Ever Bloom(about plants that do not) were published. She then began work on a collection of six books, theHow To Hideseries on camouflage and the magic of this phenomenon in nature, which covered the entire animal kingdom -- insects, birds, mammals, amphibians, reptiles, and sea creatures. The next collection of books became a five-volume series on parts of speech: A Cache of Jewels and Other Collective Nouns; Kites Sail High: A Book About Verbs; Many Luscious Lollipops: A Book About Adjectives; Merry-Go-Round: A Book About Nouns;andUp, Up and Away: A Book About Adverbs. She also wrote and illustrated the unique and fascinating bookColor, a charming and instructive guide to how art goes through the four color printing process. Among the notable people who have had an influence on Heller's writing have been: Ogden Nash, Gilbert and Sullivan, Edward Lear, Hilaire Belloc, and Dr. Seuss. Heller says of her work, All my books are nonfiction picture books in rhyme. I find writing in rhyme enjoyable and challenging, and I think it is an easy way for children to learn new facts and acquire a sophisticated vocabulary. Children are not intimidated by big words. I try to make my writing succinct and allow the illustrations to convey as much information as possible.
- Author(s)Ruth Heller
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Out-of-print date18/06/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width207 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.