All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionMalls, stadiums, and universities are actually liturgical structures that influence and shape our thoughts and affections. Humans--as Augustine ted--are desiring agents, full of longings and passions; in brief, we are what we love. James K. A. Smith focuses on the themes of liturgy and desire in Desiring the Kingdom, the first book in what will be a three-volume set on the theology of culture. He redirects our yearnings to focus on the greatest good: God. Ultimately, Smith seeks to re-vision education through the process and practice of worship. Students of philosophy, theology, worldview, and culture will welcome Desiring the Kingdom, as will those involved in ministry and other interested readers.
- Author BiographyJames K. A. Smith (PhD, Villanova University) is associate professor of philosophy at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He has penned the bestselling Who's Afraid of Postmodernism? and Introducing Radical Orthodoxy, and his edited books include After Modernity? and Hermeneutics at the Crossroads. Smith is the editor of the well-received the Church and Postmodern Culture series (www.churchandpomo.org).
- Author(s)James K. A. Smith
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.