All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSitting can wreak havoc on your health. Recent studies show that too much sitting contributes to a host of diseases - from obesity and diabetes to cancer and depression - and literally shortens your life. In Deskbound, Dr Kelly Starrett - author of Becoming a Supple Leopard (Victory Belt, 2015) - unveils how your sedentary lifestyle is killing you and, more important, what you can do to change it. Provides creative solutions to reduce the amount of time you spend perched on your backside, as well as strategies for the workplace that will improve your overall health.
- Author BiographyDr. Kelly Starrett is the author of the New York Times bestseller Becoming a Supple Leopard, which has revolutionized how coaches, athletes, and everyday humans approach movement and athletic performance. Dr. Starrett is a co-founder of San Francisco CrossFit and MobilityWOD.com, where he shares his innovative approach to movement, mechanics, and mobility with coaches and athletes. He travels around the world teaching his wildly popular Movement & Mobility Course and works with elite Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard forces; athletes from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB; and national and world-ranked strength and power athletes. He consults with Olympic teams and universities and is a featured speaker at strength and conditioning conferences nationwide. Dr. Starrett s work is not limited to coaches and athletes; his methods apply equally well to children, desk jockeys, and anyone dealing with injury and chronic pain. He believes that every human being should know how to move and be able to perform basic maintenance on themselves. Juliet Starrett is an attorney, athlete, and entrepreneur. She is co-founder and CEO of San Francisco CrossFit and MobilityWOD.com. As a mother and co-founder of the nonprofit StandUp Kids, Juliet is committed to getting every public school child at a standing desk within 10 years in order to combat the epidemic of sedentary lifestyles. In her earlier life, Juliet was a professional athlete, paddling on the U.S. Extreme Whitewater Team from 1997 to 2000. She won two world championships and five national titles. Glen Cordoza is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling co-author of Becoming a Supple Leopard and a former professional mixed martial artist and Muay Thai boxer. He is one of the most published authors on the topics of MMA, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, and general fitness, with 24 books to his credit.
- Author(s)Kelly Starrett
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationAuberry
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVictory Belt Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight1366 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.