All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionDig. The Demon Dog gets down with a new book of scenes from America s capital of kink: Los Angeles. Fourteen pieces, some fiction, some nfiction, all true eugh to be admissible as state s evidence, and half of it in print for the first time. And every one of them bearing the James Ellroy brand of mayhem, machismo, and hollow-se prose. Here are Mexican featherweights and unsolved-murder vics, crooked cops and a very clean D.A. Here is a profile of Hollywood s latest celebrity perp-walker, Robert Blake, and three new vellas featuring a demented detective with an obsession with a Hollywood actress. And, oh yes, just maybe the last appearance of Hush-Hush sleaze-monger Danny Getchell. Here s Ellroy himself, shining a 500-watt Mag light into all the dark places of his life and imagination. Destination: Morgue! puts the reader s attention in a hammerlock and refuses to let go.
- Author BiographyJames Ellroy was born in Los Angeles in 1948. His L.A. Quartet novels The Black Dahlia, The Big Nowhere, L.A. Confidential, and White Jazz were international bestsellers. American Tabloid was Time s Novel of the Year; his memoir My Dark Places was a Time Best Book of the Year; and a New York Times Notable Book, and his most recent novel, The Cold Six Thousand was a New York Times Notable Book and a Los Angeles Times Best Book of the Year. He lives in Kansas City.
- Author(s)Ellroy James
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width138 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.