All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel is about horses, those who love them, a ranch in Montana, and the people who visit and live there. Five children arrive at the ranch for a summer of learning to ride and experiencing ranch life. Their lives are affected by this summer, each in a different way. Jane and Jake Weston own the Double J Ranch in Montana's Bitterroot Valley. Jane loves teaching children and Jake shoes horses for a living. Chief Singing Water, an old Indian who lives in his tepee by the rushing river, provides an interest for the children and is Jane's and Jake's good friend. Dawn, a half Caucasian, half Indian girl who has been adopted as an infant by the couple, is an accomplished rider. She gives her love to Eric, a law enforcement officer whose life is constantly threatened by an old acquaintance. Jane's best friend, Margo, arrives for a visit and romance blossoms with the local veterinarian. The children return as adults and their lives reflect the influence the ranch has had on each personality.
- Author BiographyKathryn Woodhill's young years were spent in Hamilton, Montana in the Bitteroot Valley. She loved horses, rode and cared for them most of her life. While attending the University of Colorado she met her husband to be. They were married in California where they raised their three children. Now a widow, she has exchanged riding for writing and she is writing full time in San Diego. This is her first novel but she is at present working on a sequel.
- Author(s)Kathryn Woodhill
- Date of Publication06/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.