Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhen brilliant, charming Henry Adam Johnson, Jr., an Afro-American student, wins a $5,000,000 lottery his senior year of college, the popular valedictorian has courage to pursue a life changing path for his future and his quest for the hand of socialite Mary Mathews, a Caucasian fellow senior who has befriended him during his senior year. In the turbulence of the 1960's such a union was unimaginable, especially in the south. The results of the anuncement of this couple's intentions, and their journey toward their goals make up the meat of this fast paced tale of determination, love, terrifying events, and the happiness and sadness that make up life's experiences. This is a book of historical fiction. It does, however, reflect the attitudes of many Americans regarding inter-racial relationships and the lengths they would go in expressing their disdain of a race of people who have fought many years for equal rights. Destiny is a small velette that packs many punches.
- Author BiographyDonna Belle Engel was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and relocated to Sarasota, Florida in 1985. She began writing this story shortly after the move but set it aside to pursue other interests. She did not attempt completing it for twenty-three years. In 2000 she married John Engel and after various moves within the Sarasota area she came upon her unfinished story. Once again it w as put aside until Jack read it and encouraged her to finish it. Destiny, a little book with a lot of punch, is the result. Donna now lives with her husband, John, in Tampa, Florida. She has two sons and John has three children along with a combined total of eleven grandchildren and three great grandchildren living throughout the United States.
- Author(s)Donna Engel
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.