Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA man and his son dreamed of America's freedom, but the dream became a nightmare when they ended up at Guantanamo Bay. Hasan Makari and his son, Najib, both Lebanese nationals, have dreamed of the day they would experience the shining freedom of America. But when they arrive in the US, they are arrested, accused of terrorism, and incarcerated at the Guantanamo Bay Prison Camp in Cuba, all on false charges. Suddenly, they face the nightmare of death by execution. Their only hope is Navy JAG Officer Matt Davis, who has been assigned to the case of his life-to defend the Makaris in court at Guantanamo Bay. Matt believes his clients are incent, but he faces monumental opposition-t only from powerful federal prosecutors with a huge agenda and an unlimited budget, but also from the woman he loves who, as a fellow JAG officer, has been ordered onto the prosecution team to convict the Makaris. As the drama unfolds in Cuba, Emily Gardner, a top-ranking TSA lawyer, has just received a larger-than-life mination as General Counsel for the Department of Homeland Security. While preparing for confirmation by the US Senate, she discovers a shocking scheme that will turn her life upside down. Can Emily expose the truth in time to save the lives of those being accused-and escape with her own life? Somewhere between the war-torn plains of Northern Leban and the secret torture chamber of Guantanamo Bay lie the keys to justice.
- Author BiographyDon Brown is the author of Thunder in the Morning Calm, The Malacca Conspiracy, The Navy Justice Series, and The Black Sea Affair, a submarine thriller that predicted the 2008 shooting war between Russia and Georgia. Don served five years in the U.S. Navy as an officer in the Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps, which gave him an exceptional vantage point into both the Navy and the inner workings inside-the-beltway as an action officer assigned to the Pentagon. He left active duty in 1992 to pursue private practice, but remained on inactive status through 1999, rising to the rank of Lieutenant Commander. He and his family live in North Carolina, where he pursues his passion for penning novels about the Navy. www.donbrownbooks.com Facebook: Don-Brown
- Author(s)Don Brown
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Navy Jag Series
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Out-of-print date15/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.