All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph deals with a general class of solution approaches in deterministic global optimization, namely the geometric branch-and-bound methods which are popular algorithms, for instance, in Lipschitzian optimization, d.c. programming, and interval analysis.It also introduces a new concept for the rate of convergence and analyzes several bounding operations reported in the literature, from the theoretical as well as from the empirical point of view. Furthermore, extensions of the prototype algorithm for multicriteria global optimization problems as well as mixed combinatorial optimization problems are considered. Numerical examples based on facility location problems support the theory. Applications of geometric branch-and-bound methods, namely the circle detection problem in image processing, the integrated scheduling and location makespan problem, and the median line location problem in the three-dimensional space are also presented. The book is intended for both researchers and students in the areas of mathematics, operations research, engineering, and computer science.
- Author(s)Daniel Scholz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and Its Applications / Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number63
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight402 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.