All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1967 in Detroit. Motown music is getting the party started, and Chelle and her brother Lank are making ends meet by turning their basement into an after-hours joint. But when a mysterious woman finds her way into their lives, the siblings clash over much more than the family business. As their pentup feelings erupt, so does their city, and they find themselves caught in the middle of the '67 riots.
- Author BiographyDominique Morisseau is a writer and actress, and is alumni of The Public Theater Emerging Writers Group, Women's Project Lab, and The Lark Playwrights Workshop. Theater credits include: Sunset Baby (Gate Theatre, London), Follow Me To Nellie's (Premiere Stages; O'Neill Playwrights Conference), Paradise Blue (New York Theatre Workshop - Dartmouth; ACT's The Hansberry Project). Dominique is developing a three-play cycle on her hometown of Detroit (including Detroit '67 and Paradise Blue), and is currently working on the third of the series, Skeleton Crew. She is a two-time NAACP Image Award recipient, a Jane Chambers Playwriting Award honoree, the 2011 Princess Grace Award runner-up, a Primus Prize honoree, and was recently named the 2012 Playwright of New York (PoNY) fellow and winner of the Stavis Playwright Award.
- Author(s)Dominique Morisseau
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.