Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn this outstanding commentary, Gordon McConville offers a theological interpretation of the Old Testament book of Deuteromy in the context of the biblical can. He gives due attention to historical issues where these bear on what can be kwn about the settings in which the text emerged. His dominant method is one that approaches Deuteromy as a finished work. Dr McConville argues that in the context of the ancient world, Deuteromy should be understood as the radical blueprint for the life of a people, at the same time both spiritual and political, and profoundly different from every other social, political and religious programme. The book incorporates the tension between an open-ended vision of a perfectly ordered society under God, and practical provisions for dealing with the frailty and imperfections of real people. Hence, it is capable of informing our thinking about the organisation of societies while maintaining a vision of the kingdom of God.
- Author BiographySenior Lecturer in Old Testament, University of Gloucester - Established IVP author
- Author(s)Gordon McConville
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleApollos Old Testament Commentary
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width168 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine45 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.