All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeminars by Professor Windy Dryden. See the man live and in action. To find out more and to book your place go to www.cityminds.com '[This book has] many useful insights for other therapists...make a copy of the competency checklist: if we all scored highly and consistently, there would be need for talk of national registration ' - The Therapist In this volume the authors develop the cognitive-behavioural counselling approach by offering newer conceptualizations of many common client problems. It is suggested that effective interventions will often need to take account of early maladaptive interpretations of situations and of the presence of personality disorders. The specifics of tackling problems as diverse as surviving in a family with a personality disordered member and post-traumatic stress disorder are elaborated, and recent developments in the counselling of clients with anxiety and depression are also incorporated. Hitherto neglected issues such as the use of groups and the assessment of counsellor competence are also highlighted.
- Author BiographyMichael J Scott is a Consultant Psychologist specialising in the assessment and treatment of trauma and practising in Liverpool. This is his ninth text book and his books have included the Simply Effective CBT series and a self-help book for trauma victims and their friends and family, Moving On After Trauma. He taught CBT for 15 years at the University of Manchester and was External Examiner for the MSc in Cognitive and Behaviuoural Psychotherapies at the University of Chester. He is currently External Examiner at the Sheffield Hallam University. Windy Dryden is one of the leading practitioners and trainers in the UK in the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) tradition of psychotherapy. He is best known for his work in Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT), a leading CBT approach. He has been working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy since 1975 and was one of the first people in Britain to be trained in CBT. He has published over 200 books and has trained therapists all over the world, in as diverse places as the UK, the USA, South Africa, Turkey and Israel. He is Emeritus Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Author(s)Michael J. Scott,Stephen G. Stradling,Windy Dryden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/1995
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleDeveloping Counselling Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.