Developing Cultural Adaptability: How to Work Across Differences by Jennifer J. Deal, Don W. Prince, Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.82+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionBeing able to communicate effectively across cultural differences, understanding how to negotiate complex social situations, and being familiar with the customs and rms of many cultures are important skills in organizations today. Perhaps even more important than possessing those essential pieces of cultural kwledge is the skill of cultural adaptability - the willingness and ability to recognize, understand and work effectively across cultural differences. Proficiency in this area helps managers to build the relationships needed to achieve results in today's global organizations, especially when those relationships are forged across borders and cultures.
- Author BiographyThis series of guidebooks draws on the practical knowledge that the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) has generated, since its inception in 1970, through its research and educational activity conducted in partnership with hundreds of thousands of managers and executives. Much of this knowledge is shared-in a way that is distinct from the typical university department, professional association, or consultancy. CCL is not simply a collection of individual experts, although the individual credentials of its staff are impressive; rather it is a community, with its members holding certain principles in common and working together to understand and generate practical responses to today's leadership and organizational challenges. The purpose of the series is to provide managers with specific advice on how to complete a developmental task or solve a leadership challenge. In doing that, the series carries out CCL's mission to advance the understanding, practice, and development of leadership for the benefit of society worldwide. Jennifer J. Deal is a research scientist at CCL with interests in global and generational issues of leadership. She is the author and coauthor of several works related to executive selection, global management, and other issues. She holds a Ph.D. degree in industrial/organizational psychology from The Ohio State University. Don W. Prince is manager of the Leadership Development Program (LDP) at CCL's campus in Brussels, Belgium. He is associated with CCL's Global Initiatives group, assisting in the facilitation of internal communications about CCL's global work. Don has extensive international travel experience, having conducted business or executive training in sixteen countries. He holds degrees from the University of North Texas and Southwestern Seminary.
- Author(s)Center for Creative Leadership (CCL),Don W. Prince,Jennifer J. Deal
- PublisherCentre for Creative Leadership
- Date of Publication16/11/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJ-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)
- Place of PublicationGreensboro
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for Creative Leadership
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight58 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.