All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the relationship between fractions and rational numbers? Can you explain why the product of two fractions between 0 and 1 is less than either factor? How are rational numbers related to irrational numbers, which your students will study in later grades?
How much do you kw...and how much do you need to kw?
Helping your upper elementary school students develop a robust understanding of rational numbers requires that you understand this mathematics deeply. But what does that mean?
This book focuses on essential kwledge for teachers about rational numbers. It is organised around four big ideas, supported by multiple smaller, interconnected ideas-essential understandings. Taking you beyond a simple introduction to rational numbers, the book will broaden and deepen your mathematical understanding of one of the most challenging topics for students and teachers. It will help you engage your students, anticipate their perplexities, avoid pitfalls and dispel misconceptions. You will also learn to develop appropriate tasks, techniques and tools for assessing students' understanding of the topic.
Focus on the ideas that you need to understand thoroughly to teach confidently.
- Author(s)Carne Clarke,Rick Marks,Sharon Ross,William Fisher
- PublisherNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDeveloping Essential Understanding
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.