All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupporting and understanding your students' fractional kwledge is crucial to their overall grasp of numbers and mathematics. By centralising around three key stages of development, this effective guide will help you to assess your students' understanding of fractions and modify your teaching accordingly. These key stages are identified as: * Stage 1a: Fair Sharing * Stage 1b: Part-Whole * Stage 2a: Disembedding and Iterating * Stage 2b: Measuring with Unit Fractions * Stage 2c: Reversing Fractions * Stage 3a: Fractions as Numbers * Stage 3b: Operating with Fractions As the newest addition to the bestselling Maths Recovery series, this book will be a useful guide for all primary classroom teachers and assistants, including experienced Mathematics Recovery instructors.
- Author BiographyAmy J. Hackenberg is an Associate Professor in Mathematics Education at Indiana University. Anderson Norton is an Associate Professor in Mathematics Education at Virginia Tech University. Dr Robert J. (Bob) Wright holds Bachelor's and Master's degrees in mathematics from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a doctoral degree in mathematics education from the University of Georgia. He is an adjunct professor in mathematics education at Southern Cross University in New South Wales. Bob is an internationally recognized leader in assessment and instruction relating to children's early arithmetical knowledge and strategies, publishing four books, and many articles and papers in this field. His work over the last 20 years has included the development of the Mathematics Recovery Program which focuses on providing specialist training for teachers to advance the numeracy levels of young children assessed as low-attainers. In Australia and New Zealand, Ireland, the UK, the USA, Canada, Mexico and elsewhere, this program has been implemented widely and applied extensively to classroom teaching and to average and able learners as well as low-attainers. He has conducted several research projects funded by the Australian Research Council including the most recent project focusing on assessment and intervention in the early arithmetical learning of low-attaining 8-10-year-olds.
- Author(s)Amy J Hackenberg,Anderson Norton,MR Robert J Wright
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMath Recovery
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.