All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to hire, develop, and retain highly qualified teachers. Developing Highly Qualified Teachers answers the questions what is quality teaching and how is quality teaching achieved. The authors include strategies for: - quality induction programs; - working with marginal teachers; - using self-directed development for quality teachers; - using cooperative development for quality teachers; - working with mentors; - linking staff development with teacher development. Addressing the NCLB guidelines, this book will help you develop a strong faculty of highly qualified teachers.
- Author BiographyDr. Allan A. Glatthorn (deceased) was a Distinguished Research Professor of Education (Emeritus) at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina. Brenda Kornegay Jones is Associate Superintendent of Human Resources for Pitt County (NC) School System. Jones has served as a personnel administrator for the past fourteen years. In addition, she has worked as a principal, assistant principal, teacher recruiter, mentor, personnel director, and classroom teacher in both public and private settings. Jones has published in the areas of mathematic instructional techniques, teacher recruitment and retention, and principal development. In addition, she has presented workshops on the following topics: teacher evaluation, new principal development, teacher performance appraisal, teacher dismissal, personnel employment procedures, assessing high quality professionals, and teacher recruitment strategies. Ann Bullock is an associate professor of education at East Carolina University. She is the coordinator of alternative licensure programs, preparing teachers for all levels. She has been especially effective in preparing teachers to teach at risk students.
- Author(s)Allan A. Glatthorn,Ann Adams Bullock,Brenda K. Jones
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2005
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.