All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kind of a leader do you want to become? The role of business schools in developing future managers and leaders has long been scrutinised and critiqued. This has been exacerbated by the recent financial crisis and many books have been written that condemn business schools for producing leaders who graduate without the ability to respond to the changing world around them, invate, or act in a responsible way. This provocative book takes the critique and debate further by exploring existing teaching practices and suggesting ways that business schools can: * Encourage a greater understanding of different world views * Introduce different perspectives such as the arts, philosophy and spirituality * Encourage the practice of responsible and ethical leadership * Nurture invation and creativity. Developing Leadership is accompanied by filmed seminars exploring the central debates, and interviews with the expert team of contributors.
- Author BiographyChris Mabey is a Chartered Psychologist and Professor in Leadership at Middlesex University Business School. Chris has held a career-long interest in leadership development as a counsellor for a charity, as a practitioner with British Telecom and Rank Xerox and as a consultant. More recently he has researched, taught and written on this topic with four different business schools. Wolfgang Mayrhofer is Full Professor and head of the Interdisciplinary Institute of Management and Organisational Behaviour, WU Vienna, Austria. He conducts research in comparative international human resource management, work careers, and systems theory and management.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristopher Mabey,Wolfgang Mayrhofer
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.