Developing Learning Communities Through Teacher Expertise by Giselle O. Martin-Kniep (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author presents internal capacity building as an alternative to external professional development: Not having to turn to expensive outside experts all the time is, in the long run, cost saving to the school as well as a means to develop a large group of teacher experts. Using case studies that include practical applications and ideas, the author analyzes four approaches to building capacity: standards-based design, professional portfolios, action research, and learning communities. Independently, these are powerful methods for individual and collaborative professional development. Together, they are synergistic forces that can produce significant organizational change.
- Author BiographyGiselle Martin-Kniep is a teacher educator, researcher, program evaluator, and writer. She is the President of Learner-Centered Initiatives, Ltd., an educational consulting organization specializing in comprehensive regional and school-based curriculum and assessment work. She is also the CEO of the Center for the Study of Expertise in Teaching and Learning, an organization committed to the discovery and dissemination of teacher expertise. Dr. Martin-Kniep has a strong background in organizational change and has graduate degrees in communication and development, social sciences in education, and educational evaluation from Stanford University. She has taught at Adelphi University, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Victoria. In the last fourteen years, she has worked with hundreds of schools and districts nationally and internationally in the areas of alternative assessment, standards-based design, school change, and action research. Dr. Martin-Kniep has written extensively. Her most recent books are Why Am I Doing This: Purposeful Teaching with Portfolio Assessment, published by Heinemann; Capturing the Wisdom of Practice: Portfolios for Teachers and Administrators; and Becoming a Better Teacher: Eight Innovations that Work both published by ASCD.
- Author(s)Giselle O. Martin-Kniep
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.