All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a critical assessment of the main conceptual debates concerning labour management partnership and cooperation at the workplace, this book evaluates the search for positive employment relations in five countries. The provision of collective employee representation, rmally through trade unions, is central to most definitions of labour management partnership, and the aim is to develop collaborative relationships between unions, employers and employee representatives for the benefit all parties. While traditionally associated with employment relations in the coordinated market ecomies of the continental European nations, partnership approaches have attracted increasing attention in recent decades in the liberal market ecomies of the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia and New Zealand. Developing Positive Employment Relations assesses the conceptual debates, reviews the employment relations context in each of these countries, and provides workplace case studies of the dynamics of partnership at the enterprise level.
- Author BiographyStewart Johnstone is Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management at Newcastle University Business School, Newcastle University, UK. A major strand of Stewart's research has been the dynamics of employee voice and participation in both union and non-union firms. In particular, his research has examined organizational attempts to develop collaborative workplace relations in pursuit of mutual gains, and assessed the outcomes of such workplace partnerships for employers, employees, and unions. Adrian Wilkinson is Professor and Director of the Centre for Work, Organisation and Wellbeing at Griffith University, Australia. Adrian has authored/co-authored /edited twenty books and over one hundred and forty articles in academic journals. Adrian is also (co)Editor-in-Chief of the Human Resource Management Journal (HRMJ), a Fellow of the British Academy of Management, an Academican of the Academy of Social Sciences in the UK and a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Social Sciences.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight585 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAdrian Wilkinson,Stewart Johnstone
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.