All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping Professional Practice 0-7 provides a thoroughly comprehensive and cutting edge guide to developing the understanding and practical skills necessary for working within early years education. The new edition is fully updated for the revised Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. The updated edition covers all core topics associated with developing effective professional practice, including leadership and management, personalised learning and continuing professional development. There is also a strong focus on parent/carer engagement, setting accountability for the lowest attaining groups, the parent/carer and child voice in education, transition, SEND reform, early intervention, and developing leadership at all levels including as a business model. Readers can explore in-depth issues, and take ownership of them, by applying theory to real practice in schools and early years settings. Chapter contents are directly linked to the Early Years Teacher Standards, providing a clear understanding of how the content relates to competencies and allowing readers to reflect critically on best practice. Discussion points and case studies further connect theory to practice and offer a genuinely accessible and engaging introduction to supporting the education of babies, toddlers and young children. This vibrant, dynamic and interactive approach uses examples of real practice, along with a range of additional features tailored to support the reader in developing their kwledge, skills and understanding. Developing Professional Practice 0-7 is essential reading for anyone training to work in the early years, and an invaluable resource for all those already in the early stages of their careers.
- Author BiographySonia Blandford is CEO of Achievement for All and Professor of Education and Social Enterprise at IOE, UCL. Catherine Knowles is a researcher at Achievement for All and a visiting fellow at the University of Warwick.
- Author(s)Catherine Knowles,Sonia Blandford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 17 black & white line drawings, 1 colour line drawings
- Weight870 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.