Developing Readers and Writers in the Content Areas K-12 by James W. Cunningham, David W. Moore, Patricia M. Cunningham, Sharon Arthur Moore (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $250.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $238.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical, engaging text introduces prospective and practicing teachers to K-12 content reading instruction. Unlike any other text in the market, the content progresses from general practices, cycles, and settings of instruction, to units of instruction and specific lesson planning. Well-respected authors Dave Moore, Pat Cunningham, Sharon Moore, Patricia M. Cunningham, and Jim Cunningham speak to educators new to the idea of content area literacy instruction and focus on instruction that is aligned with state standards and tests, yet promote literacy that goes beyond that which is tested. The sixth edition of Developing Readers and Writers in the Content Areas places even more emphasis than in the past on (a) new digital literacies, (b) disciplinary literacies, and (c) English learners and special needs students. Chapters describe instruction appropriate for a comprehensive content-area literacy program (literature, comprehension, vocabulary, writing, study, inquiry, and differentiation), and include end-of-chapter applications that show how the practices apply to specific content areas such as science and mathematics. This text contains accessible language, concrete examples, and adjunct learning aids to help new learners access it.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Moore is as a Professor of Education at Arizona State University where he teaches secondary school teacher education courses and advises doctoral students. His vita shows a thirty year publication record that balances research reports, professional articles, and books. He is active in many professional organizations and consulting. Sharon Arthur Moore retired after serving four decades as an educator including classroom teacher, Title I teacher, university faculty member, literacy coach, and literacy director in two school districts. She currently provides staff development for school districts and is writing fiction. Her vita includes research reports, professional articles, and books. Patricia Cunningham grew up in Rhode Island. For seven years, after graduating from The University of Rhode Island, she taught a variety of elementary grades in Florida and Indiana. She received her Ph. D in Reading Education from the University Of Georgia in 1974. After teaching at Ohio University and serving as Director of Reading for Alamance Co., North Carolina Schools, she came to Wake Forest University to direct the Elementary Education program in 1978. Pat's particular interest has always been in finding alternative ways to teach children for whom learning to read is difficult. Reading and Writing in Elementary Classrooms, first published in 1978, is currently in its fourth edition. In 1991, She published Phonics they Use: Words for Reading and Writing, which is currently available in its fourth edition. Along with Richard Allington, She published Classrooms that Work and Schools that Work. Along with Dorothy Hall, she developed the Four Blocks Literacy framework, which is currently used as the balanced literacy framework in thousand of classrooms throughout the country. She and Dorothy Hall are co-directors of the Four Blocks Literacy Center, which is housed at Wake Forest University. James W. Cunningham has over 100 professional publications in reading and writing education such as college textbooks, book chapters including major research reviews, and original research published in major research journals. He has been a professor of education at UNC-Chapel Hill and an elementary classroom teacher.
- Author(s)David W. Moore,James W. Cunningham,Patricia M. Cunningham,Sharon Arthur Moore
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/06/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.