All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents cutting-edge, evidence-based interventions for dealing with specific difficulties of reading comprehension in children aged 7-11. * An in-depth introduction to the poor comprehender profile , which describes children who despite being fluent readers have difficulty extracting meaning from text. * Sets out a range of practical interventions for improving reading skills in this group - along with comprehensive guidance on assessment and monitoring, and insightful accounts of professionals experience in delivering the techniques described. * Includes an overview of psychological theories of reading comprehension, evaluating their practical applicability.
- Author BiographyPaula Clarke is a Lecturer in Psychological Approaches to Childhood and Inclusive Education at the University of Leeds. Emma Truelove is training to be a Doctor of Educational and Child Psychology with the University of Sheffield. Charles Hulme is Professor of Psychology at University College London. Margaret J. Snowling is President of St. John s College, Oxford and Professor in the Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Charles Hulme,Emma Truelove,Margaret J. Snowling,Paula J. Clarke
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight404 g
- Width173 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.