All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping reflective practice is an invaluable resource, employing a unique 'bottom-up' approach to learning. Vivid examples of social work practice with children and families are presented, providing real life illustrations of the dilemmas and challenges facing practitioners. Educators and practitioners provide analytic commentaries on course work submitted by social workers studying on a post-qualifying programme, indicating what went well, what didn't go well, and where improvements might have been made. Implications for policy and practice from the perspective of the middle manager are provided, along with a list of learning points. Developing reflective practice is essential reading for students (on how to realise practice in a course work context), teachers (on how to assess course work and enhance practice performance), practitioners (on how to approach specific pieces of work) and managers/supervisors (on how to promote best practice), providing standards for both training and practice rooted in the reality of the workplace.
- Author BiographyHelen Martyn was formerly Lecturer in Social Work, Goldsmith College, University of London.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2000
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteillustrations, references, further reading
- Weight400 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byHelen Martyn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.