All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly informative book provides a comprehensive guide to the teaching of thinking skills in primary and secondary education. Learning and Teaching Update It is w recognised that thinking skills, such as problem-solving, analysis, synthesis, creativity and evaluation, can be nurtured and developed, and education professionals can play a significant role in shaping the way that children learn and think. As a result, schools are being encouraged to make greater use of thinking skills in lessons and the general emphasis on cognition has developed considerably. This book offers a comprehensive introduction to thinking skills in education and provides detailed guidance on how teachers can support cognitive development in their classrooms. Developing Thinking; Developing Learning discusses how thinking programmes, learning activities and teachers' pedagogy in the classroom can fundamentally affect the nature of pupils' thinking, and considers the effects of the learning environment created by peers and teachers. It compares the nature, design and outcomes of established thinking programmes used in schools and also offers practical advice for teachers wishing to develop different kinds of thinking capabilities. This is an indispensable guide to thinking skills in schools today, and is key reading for education studies students, teachers and trainee teachers, and educational psychologists.
- Author BiographyDebra McGregor has been involved in teaching and teacher education for 19 years. She taught science in several comprehensive schools in the Midlands, before becoming an advisory teacher (in Information Technology) and then a University lecturer at Keele. Over the ten years she was at Keele University she was involved in initial teacher education and then increasingly professional development and higher degree work with teachers from a wide range of disciplines. She is currently working in the USA as an adjunct Professor in Education and a curriculum Associate advising schools and districts on educational policy and practice in Connecticut. She has been involved in developing state-wide assessments of elementary, middle and high school students. She is about to become an Assistant Professor in Science Education.
- Author(s)Debra McGregor
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.