All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's large business organizations in India have a voracious need for effective managers and talented leaders; but demand far exceeds supply. This timely and practical book offers thoroughly-researched pointers on how Indian managers can become high-performing business leaders.
The leadership development curriculum proposed in these pages is based on extracting lessons from on-the-job experience. Given that the workplace is the medium through which the essentials of leadership are learned, executives and managers at all levels need to kw which experiences matter, what are the foremost lessons learned, and how learning occurs. Developing Tomorrow's Leaders Today offers a complete template for effective leadership, including: * The seven experiences vital for developing leadership ability * The 11 lessons in leadership essential for managerial effectiveness * Over 50 stories and 100 wise quotations from today's senior executives that portray how leadership acumen sharpens over time * Reflective exercises, self-assessments, and guidelines for self-improvement
The underlying research was conducted in cooperation with the Tata Management Training Center in Pune, India, and captures the experiences and leadership lessons learned by over 100 senior Indian business leaders. As such, it offers readers both a compass and a map for traversing the terrain of leadership development.
In these pages, early and mid-career managers will find a roadmap for steering their careers towards the higher echelons of executive leadership. Senior executives, at the top of their game, will find a systematic and proactive approach to cultivating the leadership talent that their organizations will require in the future. Global executives operating in India will find out how leadership and management are practiced in India.
- Author BiographyMeena Wilson is on the faculty of the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), and is currently based in India. She is engaged in leadership research; program design and evaluation; feedback; and coaching. Meena was responsible for launching the Center's Asia Pacific office in Singapore in 2003 and for starting up a Research, Innovation, and Product Development-APAC unit in 2006. Her research focuses on how leadership is learned from experience, cross-cultural competence, and intercultural value differences. Her credits include several book chapters and lead authorship of International Success: Selecting, Developing, and Supporting Expatriate Managers (1998) and Managing across Cultures: A Learning Framework (1996). Meena completed her undergraduate studies at Mills College in Oakland, CA, holds a M.S. degree in television-radio journalism from Syracuse University, and a Ph.D. in adult and organizational development from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
About the Center for Creative Leadership Ranked among the world's top providers of executive education by Bloomberg BusinessWeek and the Financial Times, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) develops better leaders through its exclusive focus on leadership development and research, and is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, with locations in Colorado Springs, Colorado; San Diego, California; Brussels, Belgium; Moscow, Russia; Singapore; Pune, India; and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Author(s)Center for Creative Leadership (CCL),Meena Surie Wilson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight490 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60