All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis report is based on an action research project which involved service users, managers, staff and trustees. It identifies enablers of and barriers to increased user involvement. It also describes emerging approaches and important themes. It will help practitioners, managers and trustees plot their own journeys towards increased user involvement. The report: proposes 'user-centred user involvement', distinguishing it from 'management-centred user involvement', as a tool for analysing whose interests are served; highlights critical factors that enable change, such as: leadership style, consistent commitment, building strong relationships and communication between decision makers and users; can be used to assess if the conditions for developing user-centred user involvement exist; can also be used for planning change. This report is aimed at managers, service users, trustees and consultants who are working to increase user involvement in their own organisations. It will also be useful to researchers as a contribution to kwledge and debates about user involvement.
- Author BiographyPaul Robson is Principal Research Fellow at the Centre for Institutional Studies, University of East London and a freelance consultant. He specialises in research and development work with voluntary organisations. Nasa Begum is a policy officer for a national voluntary organisation. She has a background in social work, policy, training, user involvement and equalities work. Michael Locke is Reader and Director of the Centre for Institutional Studies, University of East London. He has taught, researched and written on issues of voluntary and community action and organisation for over 20 years.
- Author(s)Michael Locke,Nasa Begum,Paul Robson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Notecharts, tables
- Weight170 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.