All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionPortfolios have often been used as a way for teachers to monitor and assess their students' progress, but this book picks up on the current trend of using portfolios to assess teachers themselves as part of their degree requirements. As a professional development tool, portfolios are also useful for classroom teachers in evaluating their practice, and in showcasing their skills and accomplishments for use in interviews. Veteran teacher educators Marianne Jones and Marilyn Shelton provide practical and comprehensive guidance specific to the needs of pre- and in-service teachers of young children. This thoroughly revised and updated new edition features: A flexible and friendly approach that guides students at varying levels of experience through the portfolio process. New material on the portfolio planning stage and additional coverage on the importance of developing a personal philosophy. A companion website with additional instructor materials such as printable templates, exercises for improving portfolio skills, and more. Both theoretical and practical, the book addresses issues and mechanics related to process and product, instruction and guidance techniques, the role of reflection, and assessment strategies. With concrete examples, rubrics, tips, and exercises, this book will provide a step-by-step guide to creating a professional teaching portfolio.
- Author BiographyMarianne Jones is Professor of Child Development and Chair of the Child, Family, and Consumer Science Department, California State University, Fresno. Marilyn Shelton is Professor of Literacy and Early Education, California State University, Fresno.
- Author(s)Marianne Jones,Marilyn Shelton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white tables, 65 black & white line drawings
- Weight394 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.