Developing a Comprehensive Faculty Evaluation System: A Guide to Designing, Building, and Operating Large Scale Faculty Evaluation Systems by Raoul A. Arreola (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook provides a systematic, proven approach for developing a fair and consistent faculty evaluation system that can be adapted to the unique values, needs, missions, traditions, and overall culture of any institution. Based on thirty-six years of research and experience building and operating large-scale faculty evaluation systems and consulting to thousands of college and university personnel, the author has established an eight-step process for building a comprehensive evaluation system. These steps include * Determining the faculty role model* Determining the faculty role model parameter values* Determining roles in the faculty role model* Determining role component weights* Determining appropriate sources of information* Determining the source impact weights* Determining how information should be gathered* Completing the system by selecting or designing forms, protocols, and rating scales In this third edition, each step, including the definitions of the various roles to be evaluated, has been expanded and enhanced based on the experiences of many institutions that have followed the procedure outlined in the book. The third edition also features a new introduction; fresh research in the field; updated forms and procedures; a new, detailed case study of an institution that developed a Web-enabled, computer-supported system based on the eight-step process; and a new body of work that defines the professoriate as a meta-profession with a rubric for defining more than twenty faculty skill sets. Readers will learn how to generate and use an overall composite rating in promotion, tenure, merit pay, and post-tenure review decisions; they will also discover the issues in designing or finding, using and cataloging student rating forms. Sample forms, worksheets, models, and sample faculty evaluation manuals round out this practical, user-friendly handbook for anyone developing a faculty evaluation system.
- Author BiographyRaoul A. Arreola received his Ph.D. in educational psychology from Arizona State University in 1969, specializing in educational research and measurement. He has taught in the areas of statistics, educational psychology, personnel educational, and educational leadership, and has held a number of faculty and administrative positions involving assessment, strategic planning, faculty evaluation , and faculty development. These positions include director of the Office of Evaluation Services, associate director of the Learning Systems Institute, and associate professor of educational research and measurement at Florida State University, director of the Center for Instructional Services and research and professor of educational psychology at the University of Memphis; and professor and chair of the Department of Education, assistant dean for assessment and planning, director of educational technology, and director of institutional research, assessment, and planning at the University of Tennessee Health Service Center. Dr. Arreola currently serves as director of assessment and professor of pharmaceutical sciences in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Dr. Arreola has worked and published in the field of faculty evaluation and development for 36 years and has served as a consultant nationally and internationally to more than 250 colleges and universities in designing and operating faculty evaluation and development programs. He has also served as a consultant to the U.S. Department of labor and the Florida House of Representatives on designing and evaluating professional and occupational licensing examination procedures. He is president of his own consulting firm, the Center for Educational Development and Evaluation (CEDA), which offers consulting and national workshops on developing and assessing faculty performance. These workshops have been attended by thousands of faculty and administrators from more than 500 college and universities. In 2004 Dr. Arreola was presented with the McKeachie Career Achievement Award by the Special Interest group of faculty teaching Evaluation, and Development of the American Educational Research Association for his contributions to the field of assessing and developing faculty performance. In 2005 the American Educational Research Association presented him with the prestigious Interpretive Scholarship Award in recognition for his work in developing the meta-profession model of the professoriate, which underpins the processes described in this volume. Raoul Arreola is married to Dr. Mona J. Arreola, associate director of the cancer center of St. Jude Children's Research hospital. They have four grown children and nine grandchildren (so far).
- Author(s)Raoul A. Arreola
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/07/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJB-Anker
- Place of PublicationBolton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnker Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.