Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- Description'This book is refreshing and distinctive. It takes the individual as the starting-point and builds outwards from there, to the vital but often neglected interpersonal dimension and the turbulent contexts of modern education. Vignettes help to make the theory concrete and activities bring the reader right into the frame.' - Ron Glatter, Emeritus Professor of Educational Administration and Management, The Open University and Hon. President of BELMAS Effective leadership combines organisational skills and personal qualities. Building on tions of leadership at all levels, this book contains an invaluable bank of creative ideas to help teachers already in management positions, as well as those just starting out, to reflect on their personal and leadership development. With a focus on organisational improvement and leading strategically within changing policy contexts, chapters interrogate key leadership issues such as managing people, values and context. Examples from the UK and internationally further demonstrate how to develop as a successful and sustainable leader. Content includes: * the influence of local and national contexts; * accountability; * working with stakeholders across boundaries and borders; * approaches to change; * becoming a strategic leader; * the educational leader as researcher. This is an essential resource for practising and aspiring educational leaders and managers and students on postgraduate or personal development courses, in the UK and internationally.
- Author BiographyDr Megan Crawford is Professor and Director of Plymouth Institute of Education and was formerly Reader in the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge and Deputy Head of the Faculty. . Her research encompasses principal preparation, teacher development, and emotion and leadership. She teaches on Masters and Doctoral programme and is especially interested in the relationship between theory and practice. Megan is a National Leader of Governance in England, and has been a governor at six primary and secondary schools. She is currently Chair of Governors of an outstanding secondary school which she has been with since it was a green field. She is on the Executive of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society (BELMAS www.belmas.org.uk.), and was its Chair from 2009-11 Megan has worked internationally in diverse places including Canada, Japan, and Iceland. Megan's previous book on emotion and leadership was published in 2009.
- Author(s)Megan Crawford
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.