All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative new text from Jeffrey Sachs and Xiokai Yang introduces students to development ecomics from the perspectives of inframarginal analysis and marginal analysis. The book demonstrates how the new-found emphasis on inframarginal analysis has influenced a shift back to an interest in Classical Ecomics from Neoclassical Ecomics. * Inframarginal Analysis vs. Marginal Analysis is presented as a consistent theoretical framework throughout. * Shows how the relationship of Inframarginal Analysis to Marginal Analysis has influenced the shift back to an interest in Classical Ecomics from Neoclassical Ecomics with regard to ecomic development. * Allows ecomists to reduce their overall reliance on marginal analysis, which may be less relevant to development ecomics than it is to the ecomics of development countries. * Brings considerable analytic machinery to bear on important problems. * A focus on institutions and transaction costs that is very relevant to development ecomics. * Offers a thorough analysis of trade (CHs. 3 - 7) and macroecomics (CHs. 16 - 19), both of which are t dealth with in depth by comparable textbooks.
- Author BiographyXiaokai Yang is a Personal Chair Professor in the Department of Economics at Monash University and a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. His research papers have appeared in The American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Economics, and other journals. He is the author of Economics: New Classical versus Neoclassical Frameworks (Blackwell, 2000).
- Author(s)Jeffrey D. Sachs,Xiaokai Yang
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2003
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note119
- Weight1140 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.